|This free slideshow design generated with Smilebox|
|This time around, I did some cosplaying myself and dressed up as Nick Fury from the Avengers.|
Show highlights at the show includes:
1. Anthony Daniels panel discussion
|Picture of Anthony Daniels (source: http://totalgame.es/star-wars-7-ya-tiene-titulo/). I got a picture of him too, but I was in the back and it was hard to get a good picture of him.|
|This is what Marina Sirtis looked like in Star Trek Next generation (back in the 1990's)|
|Picture of Marina Sirtis. She definitely looks older than she did in Star Trek Next Generation|
|Picture of Clark Gregg of the Comic Con (image source seattlepi.com)|
- Steampunk Murder mystery. This was an interesting mystery where these actors were acting out a seance and one character seemed to have died during the event (probably a good reason not to dabble in the occult such as doing seances, ouija boards, considering that demons can and do come through and cause all kinds of trouble for people doing those practices, not that I have witnessed that first hand but I do hear stories like that when people do those things, though I am assuming that the characters were just acting it out). Anyways, after a character is killed off, it is up to the audience to help solve the mystery. By the way, there was a huge line for the Steampunk murder mystery and I barerly made it to the event since I was near the back of the line (which was pretty much the waiting list portion of the line should there be extra seating available or somone leaves early, which some people did by the way) and I am sure some people were turned away after me. I meant to stay for the whole mystery, but it went till 9 and overlapped with the costume contest (which started at 8 and my brother was at it) and I wasn't sure how long the costume contest was supposed to go on, and so I had to choose between the 2, so I don't really know how the murder mystery ended of if they did any actual seances (will have to scour the web for how it ended).
- Costume contest
As if you don't get enough cosplayers to see and get photos of at the comic con, there is a costume contest towards the end where contestants can show off their costumes and compete for prizes (with the grand prize being a $1000 check, which is awarded to the grand prize winner) and is hosted by a guy who is dressed up as the Riddler from Batman and has a lady dressed up as Harley Quinn as his personal assistant in the contest. In the end, a gargoyle character from World of War Craft won. I kind of wanted to compete, but it was my first time cosplaying and plus there were several other people dressed up as Nick Fury as well at the comic con.
|Me as "Nick Fury" watching the costume contest|
- Checked out the "Bridge" similator (where people can try their hand as "captains" of the Star Trek Enterprise in a simulated adventure)
- Visited the arcade
- Saw the Star Wars Exhibit
- Checked out the lego displays (some people definitely have talent with legos).
- An many others.
Well that is all for now. If any of you have been to the comic con, feel free to share your experiences in the comments section.
Tentative Plans for next year's emerald city comic con (subject to change of course):
According to the Emerald City Comic Con publication, next year, the comic con is supposed to run from April 8-10. Tentatively I am planning to go to that event too, unless if something comes up between now and then. By the way, I do have a few ideas on what I can do next year. I have 2 ideas in my head right now. Considering that next year is when the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Reboot is supposed to be aired (currently set for July 22, 2016, according to IMDB), i am thinking about doing something along those lines.
Scenario 1: Dress up as a Power Ranger. I have to admit that I have been watching the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series on Netflix (currently on the 3rd season) and I could either go alone as a ranger or invite 5 or 6 people to dress up with me (including at least 2 girls) and go as power rangers. Not sure which color I would be (probably either red or blue) but that would probably be cool. I saw some people dressed up as rangers yesterday, but they left early, so I wasn't able to get any pictures of them (interestingly, the guys were unmasked most of the time too). A few downsides to this option: it would be a very elaborate and probably costume to make (not sure where or how I would get the items needed, such as helmet, uniform, gloves, etc), it is a pretty cliche type of costume (considering there will probably be others dressed up as rangers) and finding 6 people go go with me (including 2 girls) could be easier said than done (though I do have some friends that have expressed interest in going to a comic con event possibly next year sometime). Any volunteers by the way?
|Random people dressed up as power rangers. I could probably dress up as the Blue or Red Ranger (source https://www.flickr.com/photos/exia93/galleries/72157624818225575)|
Scenario 2: you know what might be funner to do: teaming up with one other person, possibly my brother Justin (though somehow I don't quite seeing him fitting the role) and dressing up as Bulk and Skull. I could probably dress up as Bulk considering that I am overweight as it is and then get someone to dress up as Skull
|Random Picture of Bulk and Skull from MMPR (source: amy-amy.com), I would probably play as Bulk if I went as Bulk and Skull considering that I am overweight myself and kind of relate to Bulk in some ways.|
That is all for now. Feel free to like and share this post. Feel free to share your comments if you would like too.