Monday, May 6, 2013
Have you ever wanted to see your favorite super heroes, star wars characters, etc? You get tons of people in costumes at the comic con and here is a video showing off a bunch of people dressed up. By the way, who is your favorite character?
The xenophobia ironed a pancake
The xenophobia ironed a pancake
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Hey everyone. Have you ever been to a comic con? I have been to the Emerald City Comic Con 2 times now and went to the comic con this year back in March. I was there for most of the day, took pictures, saw celebrities (such as Adam West from the Classic Batman movie), got pictures of people dressed up as super heroes, and others. Below are a bunch of the pictures I took (using my Windows phone).
|2 Boba Fetts Posing for the Camera (including a white Boba Fett)|
|Me Posing with "Captain America" and a random imperial moff|
|Here is a funny picture of 2 business men posing as Darth Vader and Boba Fett|
|Darth Vader "force choking" (not really of course) a random jedi character|
|Random booth at the comic con|
|Justin with a random person dressed up as a robot (he got a bunch of pictures too)|
|Isn't this impressive: a huge lego castle. The person who built this definitely has talent. I wouldn't know how to do something like this myself.|
|Natalia Tena at the Comic Con. She is one of the support characters from the Harry Potter films.|
|Star Trek Improv. Yes, there was an entertaining Star Trek Improv at the Emerald City Comic Con. Pretty funny too.|
|Here are some people posing as Batman (pretty authentic costume if you ask me), Loki (from the Avengers and Thor), and Hallie from Batman|
|There was a section at the comic con where a bunch of the Star Wars characters congregated., such as Darth Sidious (aka Emperor Palpatine), a Storm Trooper, tuskan raiders, etc).|
|It is Darth Maul and a random female Sith (not sure who she is trying to portray)|
|Galactus Posing for the camera. Can't you imagine if Galactus was real? No planet would be safe from his ravenous appetite (including Earth).|
|Justin and Wonder Woman?|
|It's Luigi and Zelda! Link and Zelda probably gone together better though in my opinion.|
|Random Lady posing with R2 (the R2 unit looks pretty authentic).|
Those are a bunch of the pictures from the comic con (not all inclusive, but I am sure you can find more pictures and videos from others on the net).
Overview of the Emerald City Comic Con
I went to the comic con with Justin (my brother) on Saturday (back in March) and we were there for almost the whole day (longer than we were last year). It was a fun filled day and we did quite a bit. We walked around, took pictures, saw all of the different booths and stations people set up. We also sat in several panel discussions, including: one that offered tips on dating and relationships (I probably could have benefited from it myself considering that I am still single, at least at at the time of this posting, will update you if that ever changes of course), a star trek improv (which was pretty funny skit where a bunch of dudes pretend to be from the original Star trek series and venture to worlds that visitors come up with and they do a star trek style episode), various celebrity panels (such as Natalia from Harry Potter, Adam West / Burt Ward, along with several others). We did quite of other things too, including trying out a new mech warrior style game coming out in the near future (can't remember the name of it), took pictures of people dressed up as super heroes, star wars characters, etc. By the way, there were some celebrities at the comic con I did not see, including Patrick Stewart, the guy who played "Alpha 5" from power rangers, Billy Dee Williams (Lando from Star Wars Empire Strikes back), Will Wheaton, the lady from X-files, and several others, but I am sure you can find them on youtube and elsewhere on the net. By the way, when I saw the "talking dead" panel, it was originally supposed to be a panel for Carrie Fisher (Leia from Star Wars), but she was a no show (unfortunately).
Highlights of our visit includes:
- Watching a panel discussion on meeting women for nerds (at least from male perspective)
- Watched a Star Trek improve episode
- Saw several celebrity panels, including Natalia Tena (from Harry Potter), Burt Ward, Adam West, Michael Rooker and Danai Gurira
- Checked out the many different exhibits and booths
- Tried out a new mech warrior style game coming out in the next few months (online based)
- Took pictures of a bunch of people in costubes (like the ones in the pictures above). There were a bunch of other people in costumes too and I wish I could have gotten them all, but I am sure you can find more cosplay pictures on google and bing.
- Along with a bunch of other things.
This year, I did not dress up, but next year, I probably will try to dress up. Some ideas I am kicking around includes:
- Nick Fury (btw, before Samuel Jackson's version of Nick Fury, he wasn't always protrayed as an African American as was the case, for example in Marvel Ultimate Alliances 1 and 2).
- Power Ranger character (probably the red ranger), though I bet those costumes would be expensive to buy.
Well, that is all for now. Were any of you at the comic con? Feel free to share your experiences. Also, feel free to like and share this post with others and your support would be most appreciated.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions (Xbox 360) - Definitely an excellent game for Spiderman fans and super hero lovers. Official Review of Spider Man Shattered Dimensions
Hey everyone, who likes super heroes? I know I do (been watching shows like Spider Man and Power Rangers lately) and today I am going to talk about the game Spider Man, Shattered Dimensions for the Xbox 360.
My Rating: A-
Overview / Story-Ah, Spiderman has been around for a long time (at least since the 1960s) and one of my favorite spider man series was probably the one shown on Fox Kids back in the 1990's (I was sad to see it go), and recently I have gotten my hands on Spider Man Shattered Dimensions and did at least one round through already and it reminds me of the 1990's style Spider Man cartoons (at least in a way) with all of the classic voice overs, characters and elements. In Spider Man Shattered Dimensions, the game starts with Amazing Spider Man confronting the evil Mysterio (the game's main evil genius) who manages to steal a mysterious fragment that can give people supernatural powers and abilities. To make matters worse, the fragment shatters and is sent across 4 different spider man dimensions and falls into the hands not only of Mysterio, but many other super villians as well and a lady named Madame web (she watches over Spiderman) literally recruits 4 different Spiderman (from 4 different realities) to track down the shattered pieces of the mysterious fragments and stop the super villians before they can use them and bring about chaos in each reality. The game is 13 levels long (with a 4 part final confrontation with Mysterio at the end) and is divided into 3 parts (consisting of 4 levels each). You also control all 4 of the different spider men (one per level) in their own unique dimentsions. The 4 different realities includes:
1. Ultimate Spider Man (present day and has Peter Parket donning the dark symbiotic suit, though he seems to be able to control it). In this dimension, Parker is up against the Sandman, Deadpool, and Carnage (who manages to take over a S.H.I.E.L.D base).
2. Noir Spider Man - this is supposedly Spiderman from the 1930s and the levels here take on a black and white feel to them and brings back memories from the 1930's. Noir is pretty unique in that it feels a bit like Splinter Cell or Perfect Dark Zero, where your character is supposed to sneak around, take out enemies when they are not looking, rescuing people in danger, as well as taking on super villians such as Hammerhead, the Vulture and later a classic version of Norman Osborn (the green goblin).
3. Amazing Spiderman. Similar to Ultimate Spider man, but somewhat younger and has less abilities than Ultimate. He is up against the likes of Juggernaut, Kraven the Hunter, and Electro.
4. 2099 Spiderman - takes place in the distant future and is the only spider man not played by Peter Parker (I think his name is Miguel). This version of spider man has a New World Order (global dictatorship) feel, Miguel is not only up against evil super villians (Hobgoblin, the Scorpion, and a female version of Dr Octopus), but he is also up against a corrupt global government that wants to capture and/or kill spiderman (I guess they don't like super heroes). One cool thing about this spiderman is the slow motion mode that you can activate if needed (which reminds me a bit of how it is on the Matrix, slow motion and all) and makes it easier to take on villians and corrupt agents alike.
Things I like about Spiderman Shattered Dimensions:1. Feels almost like some of the Spiderman cartoons and tv shows you see.
2. Great villian line up, just like in the comics. Almost all of the villians in the game are pretty well known in the spiderman universe (not sure if Deadpool is or not).
3. Great voice acting (almost like the Spiderman in cartoons).
4. Excellent comic book style graphics
5. I liked the variety in the levels. Better than doing the same old thing over and over again.
6. Lots of cut scenes and videos
7. Epic final boss (Mysterio is huge and almost like a god in the final confrontation.
8. Good length too (not too short, and not too long either). Each level is pretty long too (usually took me at least 2 hours per level on averages).
9. Challenges too. Adds replay value (for example finding hidden spiders and emblems will definitely appeal to diehard fans).
Downsides to Spiderman Shattered Dimensions:1. Some redundancy (the level patterns are somewhat similar)
2. I thought that the controls were a bit choppy. For example, I remember one level where you were going up against Deadpool and you had to get across several dams (with Deadpool sending deady tidal waves against Spiderman) and it took several tries partly due to the choppy controls (for example the web swing and double jump abilities did not always work properly).
3. Cartooney look - appeals more to younger audiences. Older crowds might not like this as much. I liked it though.
Personally, I was a fan of this game and I've always been a Spiderman fan myself and this game will definitely appeal to spiderman fans and super hero fans in general alike and makes for a pretty good super hero game. I also liked it more than edge of time (which is another spiderman title I have, though I will save that game for another review). Now, some people might be turned off by the cartoony feel to the game (especially older crowds), but this will defintely be very appealing to younger audiences (especially people that like Super heroes). I definitely recommend this game to just about any superhero fan out there. That is all for now.
Have you thought about getting Spider Man Shattered Dimensions (or similar games)? You can probably pick up a copy for pretty cheap at Amazon.com or Walmart.
Spiderman Shattered Dimen (Xbox 360) - Pre-Owned
Have any of you played Spiderman Shattered Dimensions before and want to add your take to the game? Please be sure to leave a comment below. Did you agree with my review? What did you like about the game or didn't like about the game? Feel free to share your thoughts below. By the way, there is also a version of this game on the Playstation 3, but I haven't tried that version yet (though I am assuming they are pretty much the same game).