Featured Content from Ebay


Friday, March 27, 2015

Recap of Emerald City Comic Con 2014

Another Emerald City comic con is fast approaching (this weekend) and I thought that I would do a recap of last year's comic con.  Last year, I went with Justin, Kenyon, and his former girlfriend, Kara (they broke up later that year, long story short).  Anyways, here are all of the pics I took last year.

Picture of a Star Wars themed shirt and super man themed shirt.  Last year I decided to keep it simple and wear a superman shirt to the comic con.

Driving into Seattle after picking up Kenyon and Kara in Woodinville.  Yes, it was raining that year too.

Picture of the convention center.

Me dressed up as superman (minus the cape).

Picture of the first panel Me and Justin went to.  In this one some people were offering advice on cosplaying (like I will be doing this year, as Nick Fury).

The convention center was packed as it often is during the comic con event on Saturday.  Lots of people dressing up in costumes too.  Event staff were a bit more strict on photography and video taping last year, so I had to be selective on when and where to take pictures.

Random panel discussion I attended, forgot which one though.


Picture of the first celebrity panel I attended.  I can't quite remember her name, though I like to think it was 
Elizabeth Henstridge from Agents of Shield, but I am not positive.


Picture of the Star Wars display at the comic con.  The droids and r2d2 were pretty lively when I was there with someone controlling their moves with a remote control.

In this picture: someone dressed up as Princess Leia with Darth Vader in the background, 3 random droids (including R4?) and R2 D2.  You know, I would not be suprised if the Star Wars people do somethings special this year considering that Episode 7 (Force Awakens) is supposed to come out later this year (in December) and will mark the first new Star Wars film to be made since Revenge of the Sith (episode 3) was released in 2005.  Unlike the prequel trillogy, the new one is supposed to be set about 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi and will feature the return of some old favorites, including Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, R2 and C-3po, all played by the same actors from the original films (though obviously aged significantly over the years).  It will be interesting to see the storyline of the new trilogy, especially considering that much of the expanded universe storyline that would have bridged the 2 trilogies (i.e., Heir to the Empire, other novels, Dark Forces Jedi Knight series, etc) are no longer considered cannon in the Star Wars storyline, which means the new trilogy will definitely be in uncharted territory.    


Are there any lego fans here?  Check out these displays people have made.  I wish I had that kind of creativity and skills with legos.  


More lego displays






Here is a picture of a fully functional lego R2 (it too was lively like the other one I got a picture of earlier)

Who likes Minecraft?  Check out this picture of some kid with a "creeper' from the game.  I have the game for the Xbox One but I haven't tried it yet.  Will have to try it out sometime (been playing through GTA 5 and Lego Movie lately).

Did another selfie of myself

Attended the panel discussion for John De Lance.  In case if you do not know, he played as the infamous Q, who was one of the many villains that Patrick Stewart (aka Captain Picard) and his crew encountered throughout the series and played a huge role in the series finale.  He also did several other works too (such as some of the My Little Pony cartoons as well).


Picture of John talking to a random kid.  By the way, celebrity panels (like this one) are often packed and so sometimes it is easier to get views and pictures of celebrities on screen as opposed to in person (unless if you are lucky enough to get in the front row seats).

Here is another picture of the R2 and droid units in action at the Star Wars display.  At one point they were moving around together and playing tunes.

Random Jedi and Storm Trooper at the Star Wars display.  By the way, in the mainline series, the Jedi and Storm troopers were definitely not friends, especially after the infamous Order 66 was issued by Darth Sidious (aka Palpatine) which essentially caused the Clone Troopers and later Storm Troopers to turn on the jedi.

Attended the costume contest at the end of the show.  I actually did get more picturs from Justin's (my brother) camera, but he forgot to share them, so I had less pictures to share, but some of the costumes people wore were quite impressive.

Another selfie of me at the costume contest
That is all for now.  Will try to get pictures at tomorrow's event too.

No comments:

Post a Comment